How do I know if I finish a task?

I have exactly the same problem. "Bad Results" but we downed like 9 bandits all together and also killed ground targets.
Also, my AI Team does not do what I assign them to.
Example: I order Hooters to fly SEAD but in TacView I see that he only is flying north and then engages bandits. (payload: Mavericks and 2 AIM-120)

41 minutes ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

And how can I know what my target is before every mission? 

There is no real target. You can decide on your own what you want to do.
There only is an optional strike target which is given to you via coordinates in the debriefing/briefing of each mission

8 hours ago, johannausrohan said:

There is no real target. You can decide on your own what you want to do.
There only is an optional strike target which is given to you via coordinates in the debriefing/briefing of each mission

Then how can I know when I can get back to the carrier? 

11 hours ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

Then how can I know when I can get back to the carrier? 

You can do so any time. You have 8 zones to liberate, starting with zone 1. Focus on wiping out the airspace first, then do sead tasks.
When the sky is clear and air defences are dealt with, you can do CAS Missions and the ground troops will progress.

Thats the theory, at least. As I said, I have lots of trouble making the AI do the things I want them to do. But thats another story I guess.
I have read that wheather has an impact on the AI and also their loadouts. But I have not found any further info on this.
I dont know if you use TacView - but if so, you can check after a mission whether the AI did work as you intended or not. For me it is not working at the moment.

Also, I recommend reading the documentation pdf document which comes with the DLC.

Edited by johannausrohan

55 minutes ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

So I don't have to liberate all 8 zones in one mission, is that right? 

that is correct. one at a time and you can even take more than one mission to liberate zones. as far as i know, the campaign ends after 30 missions but also can end earlier according to your performance

15 hours ago, johannausrohan said:

that is correct. one at a time and you can even take more than one mission to liberate zones. as far as i know, the campaign ends after 30 missions but also can end earlier according to your performance

I see, thanks a lot. So it's just like another default campaign which is not story driven. 

7 hours ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

I see, thanks a lot. So it's just like another default campaign which is not story driven. 

It is not really story driven, no. But I think it is not really "default" or like other campaigns. It brings dynamic progression with default DCS Editor tools - which is great.