ILS Landing and ATC

ervox1337

Hey DCS Members, 

i recently started flying the Mirage 2000C, its my first Full Fidelity Module and i love it.

ive done some trainings mission, but i focused mainly on the caucasus mission 4 ILS Landing in Batumi.

WoW, its Freacking hard and im stuck at two points

first Batumi ATC wont anwser me back when i ask them anything, is this a bug? Or do i need to set my radio frq in the plane?

Second, i cant let go off the stick and just use my throttle, the plane hits the ground really fast, if i try to put the velocity chevrons in the two brackets im never going to get to the runway. 

maybe its just practice, but maybe after some discussion a light bulb will go off.

lg 

ervox1337

sorry for my not so good english, its not my native language.

3 hours ago, ervox1337 said:

i recently started flying the Mirage 2000C, its my first Full Fidelity Module and i love it.

Great.

first Batumi ATC wont answer me back when i ask them anything, is this a bug? Or do i need to set my radio frq in the plane?

You'll need to set Channel 01 on the Green VHF/UHF Radio and use the "Coms" or "Green Radio Menu" Button

Second, i cant let go off the stick and just use my throttle, the plane hits the ground really fast, if i try to put the velocity chevrons in the two brackets im never going to get to the runway. 

You'll need to re-trim your aircraft for your approach speed/AoA (160-180 knots) or use the auto-pilot. You should then be able to control your descent mostly using small throttle movements. Obviously if the AoA increases too much (i.e. starts stalling), etc. you'll want/need to take control and smooth out any phugoids, etc. before re-trimming

400px-Phugoid8.png

When landing, I usually place the velocity chevrons near the top of the two brackets or land on the faster side as it's easy to bleed off speed quickly if you allow the AoA to increase and the speed drop too much - obviously with practice/good control, flying with the velocity chevrons in the brackets gives you lower speeds and a shorter landing distance.

Here is a short video demonstrating me flying "Training Mission 4 - ILS Landing at Batumi", after about 24 hrs youtube should add auto-translated sub-titles for your preferred language.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080