Need help repairing mission-DSMS empty, then no SPI

RepoManR6

I have been working on a short mission to share with the community and I'm almost done. There are a couple problems I keep running into.

1. The DSMS (A-10c-2 keeps showing red weapon stations when there are indeed ordnance there. This has happened before.

*T1: Corrective action: I'll unpack the mission and delete the DSMS in avionics. I then repack the mission and load it up in ME - then choose prepare mission. This corrects DSMS

*T2: After the process of resolving the DSMS stores, I get an error on the (white box message) that there is no SPI.

- Attempted corrective action. Deleting the waypoints. One thing I have noticed if I selective fly over point instead of the "ramp start" this message does not appear.

Question: Is there a correct way to resolve the "No SPI" error after deleting DSMS avionics folder? I have searched and I didn't get a lot of answers.

Thanks

20220209_075137.jpg

20220209_075201.jpg

Evolve Art Studio | https://creativevisions.art

10th Mountain Division - 1-87, TF Summit

It happens right after selecting "prepare mission" from the Mission Editor starting from ramp. I do believe I also tried it while selecting the initial starting point as a "fly over" start with the same results. Somewhere during the save progress of build a mission I think something gets corrupted. I usually create a new save file every so often to prevent .miz file corruption.

- Selecting a Ground Crew rearm and reloading DSMS doesn't resolve it either I might add.

The DSMS issue possibly is initiated after saving a mission in the Mission Editor. I remember this happening years back as well. It's strange because I will save it manually before selecting preparing mission, then when selecting "prepare mission" it will warn me that the mission wasn't saved (even after I saved it). So I will re-save until ME is satisfied after selecting "prepare mission. Mission Editor sometimes asks for numerous save requests. I tried numerous work arounds for example; selecting a pre-selected loadout. It still happens. Only deleting DSMS in avionics corrects it from the .miz file -> which leads to the SPI being lost.

Regarding the SPI being lost on this corrective measure: I found a couple other reports on the "No Spi Error" on other forums after using the *delete DSMS* procedure from unpacking the .miz file. 

Edited by RepoManR6

So I resolved the DSMS issue and tried to figure out a way around the no spi issue from a cold start. I tried selecting a waypoint via TMS as SPI. I read somewhere entering the elevation for each waypoint in the CDU may correct the issue. Selecting Hot start from ramp resolves it. I went further to try to find a solution by going through the .miz avionic lua files comparing them for anything related to SPI seeing if anything stood out. I came up with nothing.

Personally I'm tired of recreating planes and way points when I need to move on to testing the mission further in it's timeline of triggered events. I would appreciate anyone from Eagle Dynamics or with some familiar know how to chime in on the issue.

20220209_151947.jpg

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have replied to your support ticket about this, 

I have manually deleted the data in the mission regarding prepare mission it should allow you to continue. 

The team will take a closer look at the corruption in the mission

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2