View zoom and radar elevation (CM3 throttle)

lt_d4n

I just bought the cm3 throttle, but I'm having a hard time setting both options (radar and zoom).

I notice that the encoder of the right throttle (15-16 buttons), for the elevation of the antenna is a bit slow (especially with the flir at f18 or very fast to raise or lower the antenna in the f16). I have tried to make the button to axis but it does not go quite well.

Therefore, I would like to know what buttons you use for the radar (and settings) and the zoom.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

I just bought the cm3 throttle, but I'm having a hard time setting both options (radar and zoom).
I notice that the encoder of the right throttle (15-16 buttons), for the elevation of the antenna is a bit slow (especially with the flir at f18 or very fast to raise or lower the antenna in the f16). I have tried to make the button to axis but it does not go quite well.
Therefore, I would like to know what buttons you use for the radar (and settings) and the zoom.

Thank you!!
Try to enable buffering for the encoder in the configuration software.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

hace 1 hora, zildac dijo:
hace 1 hora, lt_d4n dijo:

Thank you!!

Try to enable buffering for the encoder in the configuration software.

Thanks for your reply. Is this what you mean?

Sin título.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, but that doesn’t really help with your issue. Encoders are not good for things like radar antenna. As button-to-axis they work well for things like HUD brightness or HMD brightness. As axes they can work for radar antenna, but not so well, as the range constantly goes up or down, depending on which you have chosen, when you do one click and then you have to one click in opposite direction to stop it. I personally use the up/down buttons on the hat under the 2nd finger for radar antenna. 
re zoom, I would highly recommend the ‘conventional’ axis, i.e. the z axis under the 3rd finger. It works perfectly for that purpose. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box