Wing Sweep Controls not functional

Phil73805

I haven't flow the F-14 in a while. When I tried I found that the wing sweep wasn't working. When I checked the bindings I came across what you see in the picture.

No attempt to bind other controls has worked, neither has reloading the control profile or repairing DCS.

The chat functions also have those red symbols.

It's only on the F-14. None of the other aircraft modules have this issue and I have checked the throttle (Thrustmaster Warthog) in Windows and it's working fine.

F14 Throttle Control Fault.jpg

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

First hover mouse cursor over the red exclamation mark to read what conflicting bind it shows and try to rebind those.

Also try to make a backup and remove the file %userprofile%\saved games\dcs\config\input\f-14\keyboard\keyboard.diff.lua

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I did hover the mouse over the red exclamation mark and no conflict was showing.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

I'd suggest to go through both clean and repair (long) process:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/

Then I'd like you to go to the Saved Games folder in your user profile. The path "%userprofile%\saved games" typed in the windows search will give you the exact location.

Now please rename the DCS folder to something other like DCS.old. This will be your backup.

Run DCS and check if it works properly (bind what you need for testing) - this will be a new profile so you will have to log in and all options will reset.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hi Draconus, as I've mentioned in my PM, deleting the bindings and then restarting DCS removed the red exclamation marks. When I rebound I saw that, unlike the old bindings (which were button numbers), the new bindings were HAT switch directions. My control profile was very old and Heatblur must have updated their controls profiles and my old bindings were in conflict.

Thank you for your help!