Mission 1 HQ landing not registering

Hey guys, looking for some feedback here. I started the campaign, on the first flying mission. Set all the radios right, I fly to the HQ, I see the message to press space to contact, that works well, I get a response and then I land on the pad but nothing happens. I did it 3 times.

I wonder if there is something in my setup or something because the same thing happens to me when doing the UN Pilot Campaign, I get to the destination in mission 1 and no matter what pad I land on, I get no trigger that I landed (did this 4 times).

Thank you!

Some background to this: normally, if the player's AGL altitude is lower than 1 feet, then the player has landed, right? I thought so too, but sometimes these landings didn't work. I found that the ground level is not always 0 feet AGL in DCS. So I added a condition, when the collective is lowered. Then I can be sure the player has landed.

Thanks for your feedback. I just tried both things (did a repair, flew the mission, flew the mission again and lowered collective) but still the same thing. I land at HQ, I see the things appear on the pad but those guys just sit there and "refuse" to load me up lol.

I will try other things and will report back if I get it to work, I am sure I am doing something I am not thinking of atm.

ss2.png

I followed the same procedure as the YouTube video above and same result, those guys just refuse to move. I wish there was a log file that shows the triggers as they get activated or not. All good. I will revisit at a later time. I can skip this mission and move along 🙂

Well this is kinda silly. So about a month or so ago when I started learning the UH-1 I watched some youtube video that said to set the Saturation Y on the collective to 80% among other things. That was probably preventing the game from telling that I landed. Once I undid that it solved all the landings in all missions.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1