Rocket Sighting - Switching COOP vs P-HMD?

ESzczesniak
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

I think I understand the differences in aiming the rockets using the pilots HMD (LOS reticle sets the target point) vs coop TMD or other sensor sets the target, drive to the solution. 

How does one switch between these two modes?  I had been thinking maybe sensor select to TADS vs HMD, but that doesn't seem to work.  I eventually somewhere got from COOP to P-HMD, but had lost all logic and was just starting to push almost anything.  It seemed taking George out of rockets was the thing that did it, but there was still another click or two.

Can anyone help me with the logic of when either mode is activated and/or inactivated?  Thank you!

• ED Team
  • Solution

COOP is only entered when the CPG actions rockets on the TEDAC grip and the pilot actions rockets on the cyclic. George AI will always action rockets on the TEDAC, so if you want to use rockets in the back seat without COOP, you need to instruct him to change to a different weapon.

In multiplayer, if a player CPG actions rockets on the cyclic, he will take rockets away from the pilot, not enter COOP.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

22 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

COOP is only entered when the CPG actions rockets on the TEDAC grip and the pilot actions rockets on the cyclic. George AI will always action rockets on the TEDAC, so if you want to use rockets in the back seat without COOP, you need to instruct him to change to a different weapon.

In multiplayer, if a player CPG actions rockets on the cyclic, he will take rockets away from the pilot, not enter COOP.

Thank you! That makes sense to me now!