BRM-1 Laser Rockets NO DMG BUG

Nimbur

4 hours ago, Nimbur said:

something seems to be wrong with the rockets after the last update, i shoot all pods at a tank, and nothing happens...
Yes they were armed before, and yes I tried with several times.

Worked fine for me just now using the current Open Beta.

First Salvo of two did around 90% damage, second Salvo did the kill. 

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damage calculations against tanks in this game take into account differential armor.  Most tanks have very strong armor in their front and sides, moderate armor on their rear, and very weak armor on their tops.  It also takes into account how modern the tank is; T-90s and Abrams have higher armor values than T-72s and M-60s.  From your video, it looks like all your rockets hit the front/side of the tank.  This combined with it being a very modern tank means the rockets did no damage.  Against such vehicles you need to attack the rear of the vehicle to maximize chance of kill.  This is true for the APKWS as well.

• Like 1

BRM-1 in game has 250mm armor penetration. And I can say that ATGMs such as Shturm with 850mm Penetrarion will not damage modern takes at all if you hit from the front. With 250mm penetration only, many new tanks may be either impossible to damage or only possible from the very rear top armor. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg