GPU Upgrade to Run Oculus Quest In DCS

I have an PC that's a few years old that I would like to set up to run DCS with the Oculus Quest. Originally the PC was for running CAD so it has a NVIDIA Quadro K5000 GPU and I would like to replace it with a perfect match for the Oculus Quest In DCS.  I'm going to give it a fresh 1TB SSD and install Windows 10.   The processor is a Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz that I'm hoping will do the trick. With that, I'm looking for references and suggestions from others who are using the Oculus and how their GPU is working for them. I'm hoping to get fully immersed in DCS and I think that VR is the ticket.

Thanks for reading!

What's your budget . 

Cards are expensive at the moment , but prices are dropping . 

I would go with as much Vram ,  you can get . 

No lower than 8gb . This will be maxed out .

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Thanks for the reply KoN. I grabbed a factory refurbished EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC ULTRA GAMING 8GB GDDR6 hopefully this will be an even match for the processor.  This is all pretty much an experiment.  A while back, Steam wiped out my FSX setup with an update and I had no way of getting back to my old gen 1 Oculus/Fly in Side FSX/VRS F-18E w TacPack set up. So this is just easing back in after not flight simming for a while.  If I like it, I'll build a dedicated system.

Im looking at a RX6800 but I've just seen a RX3070 going for sale . I'm thinking . lol 

Let me know how it goes with your 3070 . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .