Question: Mission 10 Waypoint 2 rendezvous

I entered Waypoint 2 and the Jester called "FORD 1 rendezvous", and I orbited near waypoint 2 for a long time, but I still didn't see the "proceed to the target" via F10 radio call(Abort strike was available).

The question is that how many aircraft squads as "the whole package"should be gathered on waypoint 2 and then I can callout attacking? 

Or I missed something so I couldn't call for strike?(Radios were set in Button 1 and 14)

38 minutes ago, Sandman Simulations said:

Hi,

There should be two F-15 flight, two Hornet flights, two Tornado flights and two Tomcat flights so total 8 flights. Are you able to see from mission replay has some smart ai-pilots crashed for some reason before wp 2?

I didn't save the trk file unfortunately. Should I replay this mission later?

2 minutes ago, Sonoda Umi said:

I didn't save the trk file unfortunately. Should I replay this mission later?

Due to worktrip I'm unable to test this before saturday. Last time about 1 week before release mission worked normally. If you are able to try it again, please report does it happen again and if you are able to tell did someone crash or stuck with AAR.

I replayed this mission. This time, attack was completed, however, when I approached the carrier(within 20 miles), the game freezed for unknown reason, and game crashed to desktop, no trk file saved. Then I skipped this mission.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

2 hours ago, Sonoda Umi said:

I replayed this mission. This time, attack was completed, however, when I approached the carrier(within 20 miles), the game freezed for unknown reason, and game crashed to desktop, no trk file saved. Then I skipped this mission.

Thanks for the report. First time might have been some random AI flight crash. During campaign testing there has been no CTDs so I can't have no idea what could cause that.

Edited by Sandman Simulations

• 1 month later...

This is reproduceable. I have sit in the orbit on WP2 waiting for that menu item to show up. this has happened twice and i think i count 7 seperate flights rallying with me for at least 30min.   We need a persistant menu command to force push the strike package. this is frustrating. thanks for the support

13 hours ago, Whistler_RIO said:

This is reproduceable. I have sit in the orbit on WP2 waiting for that menu item to show up. this has happened twice and i think i count 7 seperate flights rallying with me for at least 30min.   We need a persistant menu command to force push the strike package. this is frustrating. thanks for the support

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Frustrating indeed. It should be 7 flights + you so total 8 flights to trigger the push command. Jester will also notify you when all flights are ready. Unfortunately almost every DCS update changes AI behavior somehow so it might be something new. I'll test this again as soos as possible.

If you use Tacview could you post me a record so I could see who is messing things up and how it could be fixed? 

I could set permanent command option for push but there are events ahead not going to be triggered if some elements of the package are already crashed even before rendezvous.

It seems that Enfield 2 flight stalls all the way to the ground when trying to get to the tanker. I can't say it will do it every time but it is possible. I think problem is AI Hornet flight model where it makes too hard turn if it approaches tanker nose to nose. It loses too much airspeed and poor pilots don't know stall recovery procedures very well.

Maybe next update will change something with AI behavior again so that it won't happen but it's too uncertain. I will figure out some backup for this but unfortunately you have to wait for next update. 

image.png

• Like 1