Mission 8 Poodle keeps crashing

Hi

Really enjoying this campaign, but I have a an issue with Mission 8. On joining up with Poodle at waypoint 1 he just goes round in circles descending until he crashes. I assume this should not happen ? I did try flying on for a bit a couple of times but had no options in the Radio menu to contact sentinel or anything.

1 hour ago, TicTocRock said:

Hi

Really enjoying this campaign, but I have a an issue with Mission 8. On joining up with Poodle at waypoint 1 he just goes round in circles descending until he crashes. I assume this should not happen ? I did try flying on for a bit a couple of times but had no options in the Radio menu to contact sentinel or anything.

Have you updated to the most recent open beta or are you on stable?  This was a Hornet bug that was affecting this mission, was fixed in the most recent OB patch.

38 minutes ago, TicTocRock said:

I am on the stable version 2.7.11.22211

Ah ok thanks, the fix hasn't found its way to you yet then.  I'll make the corrected mission file available to you later tonight when I get back to the pc.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TicTocRock said:

Ok, no rush, thank you for your support and thank you for this Campaign, its taught me lots about DCS, really enjoying it, a lot of work must have gone in to this.

Thanks, glad you're enjoying!

4 hours ago, TicTocRock said:

Ok, no rush, thank you for your support and thank you for this Campaign, its taught me lots about DCS, really enjoying it, a lot of work must have gone in to this.

You'll find the patched version of M8 here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k-UVUzwFmjCVL7RUL7XNA3bAiE0hme09?usp=sharing

just drop this file into your DCS Install > Mods > Campaigns > Operation Cerberus North folder and replace the existing M8 file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.  I’m running the latest open beta and I am having a similar problem.  After taking out the mortar crew, Poodle and I push back to WP4.  When we arrive he calls Sentinal and reports that we are at Sierra.  He immediately turns north back towards Raqqa and just flies around until he eventually ejects.  Will the patched file work with the latest open beta as well?  Also, in my mission 7 after coming off target I am unable to hear Sentinel even though I’m on their frequency.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Schwarthog said:

Hello.  I’m running the latest open beta and I am having a similar problem.  After taking out the mortar crew, Poodle and I push back to WP4.  When we arrive he calls Sentinal and reports that we are at Sierra.  He immediately turns north back towards Raqqa and just flies around until he eventually ejects.  Will the patched file work with the latest open beta as well?  Also, in my mission 7 after coming off target I am unable to hear Sentinel even though I’m on their frequency.

Thanks,

Thanks for reporting, same issue, Poodle crashes because he puts himself in a death spiral trying to find a waypoint to fly to.

Patched file will be bugged as well for the time being.

Edited by ChillNG