Game never saves my FOV or Seat position

slackpanda
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: 2024

So, this issue is apparently tied to the Mission Editor settings on view options I enforced on certain missions to make them more difficult.  Default DCS Instant Action missions save the settings as I desired, but some, not all, of my custom missions are causing it to revert.

HOWEVER, If I spawn in on the affected mission, and leave immediately, I can go back to one of the ED-provided default missions and it works fine.

I sent this information to @[ED]Ben earlier in the week.  I'm sure they will discover what is causing it soon.  Thanks all for the help!

• Thanks 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is that mission files can have a copy of snapviews.lua embedded within. If these conflict with the copy in your saved games folder then the view settings in the mission file take precedence. Because mission files are just zip archives you can check this easily. Make a copy of a "problem" mission and rename it to be a *.zip file. Then open it. You will probably find a file config\view\snapviews.lua in there. Delete the view folder from the zip archive, then rename it back to *.miz and test. I'll bet the problem is gone.

So how does this file get in the mission in the first place? One way is if the mission creator uses the FLIGHT - PREPARE MISSION feature of the mission editor. That causes a copy of snapviews.lua to be copied from your saved games folder to the mission file. And once the file is embedded, any other missions that use that mission as their starting point will inherit a copy too. A checklist for mission/campaign makers should include as a last step to open the mission file as a zip archive and make sure that there are not any unnecessary files included. 

Edited by sthompson
minor tweak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals