NEWGUY: Fighterace to Lock-On

Bat 21

Wondering how this game differs from Fighterace? I've grown very bored with Fighterace, been playing it since the first version when Microsoft was running the show. Been in FS-X, but do nothing but download new a/c, got bored with it pretty quick.

I'm newly wheelchair bound and have to keep busy, that's probably how I'm getting bored with FA, since I've been playing it since 2000 and never been this bored with it before. Never even heard of this game before, really excited with the possibility of on-line play like FA but with jets.

Your input will be greatly appreciated!

-Bat

Well LO has propably more eye-candy, and is set on modern era, and quite casual friendly, nothing too complicated, engines start with 1 button, missiles lock with the second and fire with third :)

If you are looking for indepth simulation with clickable cockpits etc, i'd recommend Black Shark for chopper, its much "complicated" and "hard" as in lots of buttons to press and steep learning curve!

Or maybe Il-2 for WW2 era, don't know how it compares to FA tho.

Your best bet for realistic approach on jets would be Falcon 4, but its getting quite old..

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I highly recommend Lock-on. You will love it. there is plenty of depth to it, I think you will definitely enjoy it.

As grodin above me stated too, DCS black shark just came out, and it is fantastic as well. I highly suggest you get both, you wont be sorry.

Let us know if you decide to get either one.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

Never tried FA. Maybe that's next. I enjoy all my sims. And from time to time get bored w /all. I too am somewhat physically limited. No wheelchair yet. From time to time I've looked fondly at them. They won't let me fly anymore. Can't afford it anyway. I'm new here and these guys are impressive. My LockOn is complex enough to be challenging. It needs more butt than my current boxes offer. So I'm always trying to find ways to optimize my lame systems to get where the aircraft will respond to controls well enough to deliver ordinance on tgt. Falcon AF is cool. Rather challenging too. I try to get my flight controls to match from game to game so as not to confuse the crap out of an opiated chronic pain patient. I still like Pacific Fighter and 1946. FSX is OK but need more crash effects. My grandson flies on one box and I fly on another. Reality turned way down. Best 8 year old pilot I know. He likes to blow out me of the sky.

Turn the reality way up. Paint a plane. Create some missions. When I get broadband and a new box, I'm gonna let everybody shoot my ass off!!

Tally Ho! Bat,

Chief

Chasing my digital tail!:pilotfly:

Never even heard of this game before, really excited with the possibility of on-line play like FA but with jets.

Sorry never heard of Fighterace, but I know for a fact the best WW2 sim you can play online is IL-2 1946.

As for Lockon it is without doubt the most enjoyable online jet A2A experience you can get. Falcon is too anal to be the sort of fun that your looking for. There isn't a sim out there that does all-round A2A combat as good as lockon.

To play online you will need Lockon Gold (contains Lockon and Flaming Cliffs addon)

You'll also need to download Hyperlobby http://hyperfighter.sk/

All the info you could need is here http://www.serik.dk/

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

If you want to get Lock On & Flaming Cliffs go to :

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?lang=en

If you would also like to get info on how to get Open Falcon go to :

http://www.f4forums.com/forums/

As far as comparisons go ... it's all opinion, and everyone has one ;).

Personally both sims fulfill disparate needs that I have with Combat Flight Simulation; meaning that my ideal sim would give me the weapons systems/avionics fidelity & complexity of Open Falcon with Lock On's streaming eyeballs hair on fire thundering through the canyons, chewing on the tail of an F-15 with the smell of hydraulics fluid mixed with avgas and singed titanium visceral pantheon of the gods flying experience.

BS sounds like it's approaching that ideal ... except that it's an ollie-cotter. :doh:

Hopefully within the next few years (*sigh*) they/DCS might get a fast jet out, but despite the best laid plans of mice and men, simulation manufacturing can still run a-foul of the ravages of any run of the mill global economic environment ...

As always, cheers!

Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!