GBU-24 TTI incorrect

Akrescue130

Hey all,

Noticed yesterday some weird behavior with the GBU-24 in the cat. Released two, on two separate run ins, and the TTI reached 0 LONG before the bomb made its way to the mark. Tested it again against other laser guided bombs, and the 10/12/16 all worked as advertised. It is 100% repeatable with every GBU-24 release. The only track file I have is larger than 5MB, so I cannot upload here. Also, I found this report in the F-16C bugs:

So this might be affecting purely the GBU-24, and may have nothing to do with the cat itself. Thanks for hopefully taking a peek, and have a great day!

Edited by Akrescue130
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your reports. GBU-24 bombs use a different type of steering/profile than the other laser-guided bombs available, and their time to impact depends heavily on the conditions when released and when lasing starts. We measured the difference, and we adjusted the calculated TTI to make the numbers closer to the bomb flight time when lasing immediately after the release. Also, we educated Jester to start lasing right after you pickle when using GBU-24. These changes should be included in the next update.

• Thanks 4

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/