Wingman go there and hold!

Threshor

In single player I just want to move my wingman to a point while in the mission. I don't want to set one in the mission editor prior or give him a target to attack just yet. Can I do this while in the game?

Only if you give him a target with the ingress point. He ignores it otherwise. At least it doesn't work the way I've tried it. You can set up points in mission editor but I want to do it on the fly. If you got it to work can you explain how with some details. Thanks.

Only if you give him a target with the ingress point. He ignores it otherwise. At least it doesn't work the way I've tried it. You can set up points in mission editor but I want to do it on the fly. If you got it to work can you explain how with some details. Thanks.

Here's how to send your wingy to a location without giving him a target:

1. uncage shkval, target & lase the desired point on the ground

2. select the desired wingman on the datalink panel (DO NOT first select the target type as you would to send an ingress point)

3. press send

4. tell the wingman to go to the datalink designated target

I've tried this and it works perfectly. Basically, it's the same as sending a normal ingress point, except you skip the step of selecting the target type.

Thanks guys, works like a charm. :thumbup:

Interesting thing happened yesterday as I told my wingman to form up, don't remember what formation I wanted, but my voice command misfired and I got the response from my pilot, "go weapons free". I didn't even know that was an option as I can't find it in the menu or in the manual. Any ideas or know where that command is in the list? My wingman responded with "unable".