Not much to complain, this time.

Again, for me playing VR, it was on the brink of getting unplayable. I was CPU bound the whole flight. Maybe again a little too much (on the environment level) going on, even so I like to see a busy Radar.

I noticed you changed the AI Overloard to a different freq, which brought some serenity into the cockpit, all important calls were there, though.

Only very <profanity>ty part, but in no means your fault, right as I went into the break, my stupid wingmen crashed into me, so another unsuccessful mission.

2 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Not much to complain, this time.

Again, for me playing VR, it was on the brink of getting unplayable. I was CPU bound the whole flight. Maybe again a little too much (on the environment level) going on, even so I like to see a busy Radar.

I noticed you changed the AI Overloard to a different freq, which brought some serenity into the cockpit, all important calls were there, though.

Only very <profanity>ty part, but in no means your fault, right as I went into the break, my stupid wingmen crashed into me, so another unsuccessful mission.

Hi again,

You are right. There is quite a lot of things going on around you also in this mission. Maybe too much for good performance demand balance at least with VR. In scripted mission where player will pretty much fly pre-planned route it is possible to set things to happen only at that area giving much lower demand. I just hate to see situation where player happens to fly anywhere else than was supposed to fly and there will be nothing. And there should be full war going on around you. But of course it is my problem to find a good balance and I'll have to give more attention for performance issues. Thanks for your feedback again.

As you said there is nothing I can do for stupid AI. Hope it gets better. At the moment I'm working with Hornet missions and it would be much more immersive to get AI make real AAR so that there would be real traffic around tanker like in real life. But Hornets kill themselves on every second AAR attempt 🤬. At the moment only reliable way is to set AI Hornet circle at tanker location and then after some minutes disappear and new unit with same task appear in vicinity. Not very immersive if player happens to be close.  

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

I like the story line this far, but there's something I'm missing in mission 8. After the heli rescued Shrek I'm given the RTB, I go back, at 50nm switch to marshal and suddenly overlord directs me to possible helos at 15nm and all coms voiceovers are like if I'm still circling over the town. In fact looking at TacView I see the 2 helos hot that are then taken down by the Roosevelt hornets and the voiceover (jester) reports I've shot them down. Strange

22 hours ago, gghelli said:

Hi there,

I like the story line this far, but there's something I'm missing in mission 8. After the heli rescued Shrek I'm given the RTB, I go back, at 50nm switch to marshal and suddenly overlord directs me to possible helos at 15nm and all coms voiceovers are like if I'm still circling over the town. In fact looking at TacView I see the 2 helos hot that are then taken down by the Roosevelt hornets and the voiceover (jester) reports I've shot them down. Strange

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. 

Helos should activate few minutes after Hornets arrive over the town and destroy some ground units. Well before rescue. Did Hornets arrive at all?

I found the problem. Dodge 1 flight (Roosevelt CAS 1) should fly to north and wait for CAS tasking. They don't anymore but turn back from waypoint 1 and begin to fly nice circle around the carrier. I couldn't tell them to do that kind of maneuver even if I want to. I'll start looking for solution but at the moment mission seems to be broken. It can be flown but things won't happen as they should

nullimage.png

Edited by Sandman Simulations

• 3 weeks later...