Jump to content

request data (lua) to extract EHSi & RWR


Red Dog
 Share

Recommended Posts

I understand this is not only for the F-16 but may benefit other modules as well (F-18, A-10, ...), but since this request originates from F-16 cockpit builder I posted it here, feel free to move it if it is not 100% the best place.

We would like to request data from the RWR and EHSI to be extracted with other means than  as external screen only. 
Extra screen extraction is easy but in some cases (think guys having real instruments or other replicas) it is not always the most efficient manner

To make a physical instrument work, we need hard data from specific parts of these instrument, it would be great if we could get these data for the RWR and HSI. Unless I am mistaken, even Helios reverts to screen use for these twos.

Thanks

  • Like 5

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Red Dog said:

We would like to request data from the RWR and EHSI to be extracted with other means than  as external screen only. 

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_export

Information there depends on server allowing sensor export.

Details:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_Export_Script


Edited by okopanja

Temporarily absent...

(all is good, just busy)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, okopanja said:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_export

Information there depends on server allowing sensor export.

Details:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_Export_Script

 

Hello, thank you for wanting to help us.
I cannot extract via the lua script the HSI and RWR data of the F-16. I get there on the F-18, A-10, etc. but not on the F-16.
I tried with: "LoGetControlPanel_HSI()" but nothing.
I looked if others like DCS-BIOS, Helios, etc. but they don't have anything either.
So I thought that the F-16 had a problem on the extraction on these 2 instruments, but you tell us that no. Great news, it would be nice to help us to extract these 2 instruments in lua scripts. that would be cool. Because there we dry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have F-16 as well, so I will check and let you know.
If it does not work, likely this is intentional, since this functionality is here for ages.

 

Temporarily absent...

(all is good, just busy)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

It would be nice if we could export DDI's/HUD for use in Tacview or something like that (without requiring every client to need to record their screen/exported views), having a virtual "tape" would be immensely helpful for debriefs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, Red Dog said:

I understand this is not only for the F-16 but may benefit other modules as well (F-18, A-10, ...), but since this request originates from F-16 cockpit builder I posted it here, feel free to move it if it is not 100% the best place.

We would like to request data from the RWR and EHSI to be extracted with other means than  as external screen only. 
Extra screen extraction is easy but in some cases (think guys having real instruments or other replicas) it is not always the most efficient manner

To make a physical instrument work, we need hard data from specific parts of these instrument, it would be great if we could get these data for the RWR and HSI. Unless I am mistaken, even Helios reverts to screen use for these twos.

Thanks

I'm guessing this is a request to update Martin's RWR and EHSI? Try using DCS-BIOS to see if that helps. Always good to have open source stuff and non proprietary. Very helpful to all of us on here. Good idea though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...