Laser guided bombs won't drop

Roastie
Go to solution Solved by Chain_1,

Hi,

I'm doing pretty good flying the F16, and I fly a lot with a squadron. But one thing I don't seem to get right is dropping laser guided bombs. Sometimes it works, sometimes the bomb just doesn't want to drop.

Without touching : master arm / laser on / touching laser codes / CCRP / switching on/off bombs

I Use my TGP to pick a target with TMS up. It will follow the target. I line up with the line on the hud. The circle appears, I pickle , keep it pressed till the circle flashes. The bomb either drops, or it doesn't. After that I start lasing (I tried starting earlier, but that doesn't help either.

the difference between dropping and not dropping is a complete mystery to me. I'm testing this in single player. 

I tested : Being sure TGP is soi. Auto / man mode.

What am I missing? angle of attack maybe?

bomb_wont_drop.trk

• Solution

You need to keep the azimuth steering line in the circular part of the flight path marker.  Every time you do that it drops.  If the ASL is outside that circle, there's no drop.  I guess you're too far off course at that point.

6 hours ago, Chain_1 said:

You need to keep the azimuth steering line in the circular part of the flight path marker

I think this is a bug as I’m pretty sure PGMs don’t need the 5mil consent cue to drop. I could be wrong..

• Like 1