[Discuss]ACM sub-modes or HMD boresight lock ghost targets

_UnknownCheater_

Alwayls happened in MP.HMD aligned.If I using ACM sub-modes or HMD boresight mode locked a nearby TAILLY bandit,within 5nm,the HMD and HUD display not accurate.And 9X can't get a tone with CAGE/UNCAGE!Anyone has the same issues?

Edited by zhouyut001
  • GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

2 hours ago, zhouyut001 said:

Alwayls happened in MP.HMD aligned.If I using ACM sub-modes or HMD boresight mode locked a nearby TAILLY bandit,within 5nm,the HMD and HUD display not accurate.And 9X can't get a tone with CAGE/UNCAGE!Anyone has the same issues?

Not only in MP. I see it all the time in SP, couple of other folks have also seen it. I reported this bug in bugs forum but I only included a video, no track. In the mission used in that vid there were only 2 jets, me and the bandit. I had AWACS support.  My track age was set to 4sec. (shouldn't really matter).  The easiest way to reproduce this bug was by making a high alpha rudder turn or pirouette type of maneuvers. The TD box would drift somewhere and it actually looked like it was following the DL circle movements on HMD and we all know how blindingly fast our Link16 update is, so...  

In another vid I posted in the main DCS forum, there were only 2 jets w/ no AWACS. The TD box was still getting stuck after violent maneuvering. Hitting the radar gimbals would not drop the lock. I had to press Undesig. button and HACQ to re-acquire.  

Even if I managed to replay the track correctly on my rig (which I did once or twice), it would probably be a different story on someone else's rig.  Anyone can reproduce this bug easily.

15 hours ago, oldcrusty said:

Not only in MP. I see it all the time in SP, couple of other folks have also seen it. I reported this bug in bugs forum but I only included a video, no track. In the mission used in that vid there were only 2 jets, me and the bandit. I had AWACS support.  My track age was set to 4sec. (shouldn't really matter).  The easiest way to reproduce this bug was by making a high alpha rudder turn or pirouette type of maneuvers. The TD box would drift somewhere and it actually looked like it was following the DL circle movements on HMD and we all know how blindingly fast our Link16 update is, so...  

In another vid I posted in the main DCS forum, there were only 2 jets w/ no AWACS. The TD box was still getting stuck after violent maneuvering. Hitting the radar gimbals would not drop the lock. I had to press Undesig. button and HACQ to re-acquire.  

Even if I managed to replay the track correctly on my rig (which I did once or twice), it would probably be a different story on someone else's rig.  Anyone can reproduce this bug easily.

yeah, you are right,the symbol on HUD or HMD is shifting.Dont know I locked or not locked,and 9x seeker can't follow the bandit 

• HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro

8 hours ago, zhouyut001 said:

yeah, you are right,the symbol on HUD or HMD is shifting.Dont know I locked or not locked,and 9x seeker can't follow the bandit 

I use 9x unslaved... a lot more flexible and I haven't noticed any issues with it. It you slave it to radar then yea...  same problems.

BTW, I tried 1v1 guns today after the latest OB update and almost immediately after the merge I saw the TD box go nuts then I tried something that shouldn't really make any difference.

I changed the track age to 2 secs and so far I haven't seen the TD box drift YET 😉   I only flew one hop so I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet.

I'll do some more testing later on, see what else comes up.

OK, I'm guessing but the track age is probably related to this. When I set the age to 2 secs, the  track is maintained roughly 2 secs after the radar hits the gimbals. The SME's would have to chime in to confirm but I think the Hornet's radar should drop the track as soon as it goes past the gimbals, regardless of 'age' setting.

As you can see in this very short clip:  Right at the start, after the bandit passes me head on, the track is maintained briefly (looks like TD drifts off) then the lock breaks and the HACQ re-acquires when I point the aiming circle on the bandit again.

On a different note:  I got a kick watching the sparks from the gun...

5 hours ago, oldcrusty said:

好吧,我猜,但赛道年龄可能与此有关。当我将年龄设置为 2 秒时,在雷达击中云台后,轨迹会保持大约 2 秒。SME 必须插话以确认,但我认为大黄蜂的雷达应该在它越过云台时立即放弃轨道,无论“年龄”设置如何。

正如您在这个非常短的剪辑中看到的那样:在刚开始时,在敌机从我头顶经过后,轨道会短暂保持(看起来像 TD 漂移)然后锁定中断,当我指向瞄准时 HACQ 重新获取再次围着土匪转圈。

换个说法:看着枪上的火花,我被踢了一脚……

It seems fixed?

1 hour ago, zhouyut001 said:

It seems fixed?

I don't think so.  When I have time I'll try to make a few more structured tests with different settings and hopefully record a freaken track that resembles the actual flight.

Also, I'd like to put Aim9x to some challenging scenarios since so far I couldn't find a single reason to complain about it... in SP.  

A little update:   Looks like TD box getting stuck is not related to 'age' setting.  Even with setting of 32 the lock breaks a second or 2 past the gimbals and HACQ acquisition works fine.

Back to square 1.   Out of 5 gunfights, I saw TD box stuck only once.  It would not get unstuck until the castle switch was pushed up (HACQ reset) or pinky button was pressed.

Still no track...  Jeez, with so many people that love gunfighting, there should be crapload of bug reports. Track or no track.  Perhaps one of the devs or internal testers could do some turning and burning once in a while.