Hovering in real bad weather :)

Shrubbo

There was a thread I was in last night that I can not for the life of me remember but the conversation got around to "dancing around on the pedals" and I suggested custom mission and making the weather fair to completely crappy for some nice dancing :)

Anyway I said I would throw up a video and went into a mission I have specifically for this. I have the wind set at 25 m/s at roughly 90 degress to the strip and the turbulence maxed at 6 m/s.

A put a heap of ramblings up in the "more info" if you are interested in that stuff but the video you may find mildly amusing.

BTW It looks like the HD option of watching the vid is hit and miss. Same format as my last one but there is no "watch in HD" option and I readme says they are tweaking it and you may not get it... obviously I didn't :)

Mission for those who want to play

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=23210&d=1230757884

Edited by Shrubbo
added the mission attachment

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

Nice control!

Just gave it a go then. The hardest part is not the cyclic or pedals, but the collective, you are constrantly going up and down the full range of motion fighting the extreme variance in lift (unrealistic?), oddly I also seemed to suffer VRS.

It highlights something that has been bugging me about the VRS modelling and I'll ask about it in general discussion. It doesn't seem to matter what your airspeed is (in this case 36-60 knots accounting for turbulence), you only enter VRS when around zero ground speed.

Interesting thought vortex, it's 7am new years day here and I only stopped drinking 3 hours ago and for some reason I am having some trouble trying to think about this but are you sure it's vrs or just loading the blades up to much to fast?

When I sober up (loz be a while) I will try and think about this some more :)

BTW for those who wish I have attached the mission.

FreeFlight_Max_Turb.miz

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.