Ability to disable the day/night cycle

Archer.xd

Pretty straightforward, I think we could have an option to set the mission to not have the time cycle, like if its set to 12:00 local time it'll always stay on that time. 
One may ask why? Basically for the servers like BFM arenas, so we can extend the server restart time by a bit more. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 11:03 PM, vtaf_archer said:

One may ask why? Basically for the servers like BFM arenas, so we can extend the server restart time by a bit more. 

From 8am to 6pm (avoiding sunrise/sunset and night) is a 10-hour window. Do server restart times need to be longer than that?

50 minutes ago, Nealius said:

From 8am to 6pm (avoiding sunrise/sunset and night) is a 10-hour window. Do server restart times need to be longer than that?

What if one wants the sun to be at the same position all that runtime? I think if we had it as an optional thing it'd be cool. 

1 hour ago, vtaf_archer said:

What if one wants the sun to be at the same position all that runtime? I think if we had it as an optional thing it'd be cool. 

Why would that be necessary for BFM? Part of BFM tactics is using the sun to your advantage as it changes position during the day.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 4:46 PM, vtaf_archer said:

I want the sun at the same position for entire mission, even if it lasts 30 days. 

Indeed - there are missions that don't revolve around the sun per se, but that the lighting conditions are, and remain, what was there when the mission was created. For example, I have  written a MP helicopter landing trainer/competition. The lighting conditions are perfect for the first hour after start of the scenario, then become marginal, and then unusable, requiring a server restart. Hourly restarts are jarring and completely unnecessary if the lighting situation remains frozen in time. 

• Like 1