Intercom degraded since OB 2.7.16.27869

scoobie

Tracks included in the post below. (I don't have my PC here now, so no track files yet. I'll try to procure a track later on.)

DCS 2.7.16.27869 Open Beta introduced this change to A-10C II: "New cockpit switches sound."
This hurt Intercom panel operation in the following ways:

1. When using the mouse wheel to change any audio volume on the Intercom Panel (left console in the cockpit, under your elbow), the audio knobs (for example TCN knob, UHF, ILS etc.) turn forever. The volume goes up, then drops to 0, again up, to 0, up, 0, ad infinitum. The knobs used to turn only 360° before OB 2.7.16.27869.
(Side note: even 360° was too much, it should be something like 300, maybe 330, but we're not talking about it here.)

Suggestion: restore the limit of 360° of turn. Or even better - make it 330° 🙂

2. Any change to sound volume controlled by any of these knobs now generates a "click" sound. They shouldn't click at all. While it may seem not to be a big deal on its own, it becomes a nightmare if you bind an axis to any of these sound knobs. Your physical axis (on your controller) may fluctuate a tiny bit, that's quite normal. Even the tiniest bit of such fluctuation will generate a "click" every time, which in practice means you get a neverending "symphony of clicks" in the cockpit, even when you're NOT touching the axis - the Hawg goes "clickclickclickclick" on its own, all the time. Removing the click sound will solve the problem.

Suggestion: remove the "click" sound when these knobs are turned.

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

The track files. Both were recorded in Caucasus instant mission "Cold and Dark" for A-10C II.

clicky_Hawg.trk
Immediately upon the mission start you can hear erratic clicking sound, something like a Geiger-Muller counter. Actually it's the TCN sound volume knob set to maximum, I'm NOT touching my controls (yet). How can anybody fly like that?
Then I started turning the axis left and right to show that ANY change of position in the axis generates a click, for example change of 1/4096 = 0,02% of full travel (single "notch" change in a 12-bit controller). All these actions should result in NO sound at all.

turn_me_forever_knob.trk
This time the axis is "turned off" and instead I'm using mouse wheel to turn TCN knob. The knob turns forever, which shouldn't be the case.

clicky_Hawg.trk turn_me_forever_knob.trk

• Like 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box