Mapping 3 way switch on thrustmaster warthog for landing gear ?

ak22

I don't habe a Warthog, but an WinWing Orion. I switched the threeway switches in the upper or lower position, before I tried to map the button. Then I Flip the switch down or up. When that does not gets the button recognized, I fondle a bit with the switch in the middle position, just enough before it flips to the upper or lower position, that also often triggers a button press.

I have warthog. And for gear up/down middle I use Autopilot switch (path - alt/hdg - alt). But to use it, you have to install small program.

RS Mapper. Super easy and it works like a charm. You have to start it and load profile every time before starting DCS.

Link here:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can get that through modifying the lua files too. I recommend these two mods:

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector  -- to inject custom input commands stored in your Saved Games folder (so that if an update breaks them, you just fix one place where the mod is injected, not 15 different files in the game installation directory)

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds  -- this is a collection of custom commands, many of which are there to use warthog-type On-Off-On switches with DCS ingame cockpit switches that do just that - they make it easy for you to use the middle positions on many switches.

In Mig21 input file (Saved Games\DCS\InputCommands\MiG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua) I modified the lines responsible for custom gear commands:

-- Gears

{cockpit_device_id = devices.GEARS, pressed = device_commands.GearHandleFixator, down = device_commands.GearLever, up = device_commands.GearLever, value_down = -1, value_up = 0, value_pressed = 0, name = _('Gears Handle - DOWN else NEUTRAL (3-way Switch Down) + Lock'), category = {_('Gears, brakes and chute'), _('Custom')}},
        {cockpit_device_id = devices.GEARS, pressed = device_commands.GearHandleFixator, down = device_commands.GearLever, up = device_commands.GearLever, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, value_pressed = 1, name = _('Gears Handle - UP else NEUTRAL (3-way Switch Up) + Unlock'), category = {_('Gears, brakes and chute'), _('Custom')}},

What this gives me is:

When the gear lever is in neutral position switch up unlocks the "Gear Handle Lock". It doesn't move the gear handle up - even though that's what I wanted originally, I prefer it that way, because it makes me actuate the locking mechanism. 😉 Then I move the physical switch to neutral position and move it up again - that actuates the actual gear handle up.

When I actuate the switch down from neutral position I get the gear handle to go down and the locking mechanism to lock.

I just tested it - works fine.

• Like 1
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)