Which vehicles can lase?

stolzy

On 8/18/2022 at 11:09 AM, stolzy said:

Is there a list somewhere of which vehicles can lase in the JTAC role? 

I'm sure I've used the Stryker as FAC, but it won't lase.  I've also seen that the TOW Humvee can lase, but I don't have that.

What could I use?

You don't have the Humvee TOW? Strange, that comes with the core game. Anyway, in order for your FAC to lase correctly, you need to watch the proper Line of Sight (LOS). I usually put a TOW Humvee on a mountain top, or even a building, set it to Invisible and Green (Not engage) Rule of Engagement. That's not realistic in any way, but that's the way it is in game. The FAC needs to have LOS clear to the target. It means, no trees, no buildings, no terrain, no obstacles of any sort to block its view. If you are shooting at targets that are moving or will move, make sure that the FAC will be able to see them at any position. The FAC also has a distance limit of 3 nm. Yep, sometimes, due to this, you will need to put the FAC right in front of the enemy. And of course, at night, DCS FACs can't see nothing, won't see nothing. JTACs at night do not work and it seems that ED was working in a solution to this, but it is not ready yet.  

• Like 1

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, RodBorza said:

You don't have the Humvee TOW? Strange, that comes with the core game. Anyway, in order for your FAC to lase correctly, you need to watch the proper Line of Sight (LOS). I usually put a TOW Humvee on a mountain top, or even a building, set it to Invisible and Green (Not engage) Rule of Engagement. That's not realistic in any way, but that's the way it is in game. The FAC needs to have LOS clear to the target. It means, no trees, no buildings, no terrain, no obstacles of any sort to block its view. If you are shooting at targets that are moving or will move, make sure that the FAC will be able to see them at any position. The FAC also has a distance limit of 3 nm. Yep, sometimes, due to this, you will need to put the FAC right in front of the enemy. And of course, at night, DCS FACs can't see nothing, won't see nothing. JTACs at night do not work and it seems that ED was working in a solution to this, but it is not ready yet.  

Thanks for that, several queries answered at one go.

• Like 1