B-17G Wing

Elf1606688794

I've made a mission that consists solely of an entire wing of B-17G's (192 aircraft) and it runs pretty well except for one detail. 10-12 of them collide as soon as the mission starts or shortly thereafter. It's not one entire element crashing into another element, it's scattered planes inexplicably colliding with another.

I've looked to make sure each element is given their formation rules on the first waypoint, they are all following Leader-1 (Wing leader) and that their formation position commands are correct and all seems to be in order on my end. So it would appear that I am missing something here but I'm not sure what.

I'd appreciate any/all suggestions. 

I'd like to take a video clip from this mission for another project and I'd rather not have flaming and broken bombers falling out of formation when there are no enemy fighters or AAA wreaking havoc. I could just use a single group formation but that wouldn't be nearly as impressive as a wing.

I've uploaded a copy of the mission for anyone that wants to take a look.

B-17 Wing.miz

Edited by Elf1606688794

I'm reasonably sure this is an AI issue. After ensuring conflicting altitudes weren't an issue (I fixed several) I'm down to about 6 losses instead of 10-12. I suppose I'll have to live with that. 😉

Here's an example of the sort of mishap that is causing casualties.

All that said, I'd like to thank everyone who offered suggestions for fixes, especially those who downloaded the mission and took a look at it. 😛

Edited by Elf1606688794