Possible to have a toggle binding for A/B ?

cmbaviator

Hello,

I was wondering if there is an option for enabling and disabling the A/B

For example, i want my Throttle lever ( X56) to give me max Dry Thrust when my X56 is in max deflection and if i need to go AB, i press a key.

So far i only get max AB when going in max deflection 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for but there is a switch in the cockpit by the throttle that disables AB, once you go past the AB detent it will just stay in mil power

not quite.

The main reason i want this is go get more range in my X56.

What I mean is that currently i have the X56 but seems to be kinda broken as the first 30% is dead, ie the first 30% doesn't move the lever in DCS, so i only have 70% left of deflection. Besides the A/B seems to take at least 20% so i only got like 50% left for idle to FULL DRY MIL Thrust and its not convenient during overhead break and dogfighting when i have to modulate the thrust.

Doesn't seem to be a big deal in the JF as the idle N2 is already at 70% so even with 50% i can have some quite accurate thrust lever position. With the mirage F1, is not quite the same, with a small input on my X56 will make a huge RPm change.

just been on DCS for 1 month so i'm waiting to be sure i'mstill hook on DCS before upgrading my X56 to a Warthg version

No, there's only a switch for enabling/disabling AB when above mil. If you disable AB then going beyond mil does nothing, enable it and it kicks on the AB. It sounds like you need to adjust your curves. I believe as the throttles get older, you get less and less of the full percent range. Calibration can help a bit, but you'll just have to adjust your curves in game.

8 hours ago, Napillo said:

No, there's only a switch for enabling/disabling AB when above mil. If you disable AB then going beyond mil does nothing, enable it and it kicks on the AB. It sounds like you need to adjust your curves. I believe as the throttles get older, you get less and less of the full percent range. Calibration can help a bit, but you'll just have to adjust your curves in game.

yeah but it was like like almost after purchase, it just a hardware defect i think

This is a video for sanding and pushing through the physical detent on a TM Hotas but have you tried just adjusting the axis curve for throttle having checked the boxes for user curve and slider? I am probably not explaining this very well. Take a look at this video you might be able to adjust your curve so that smaller movements give more response.

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.