VIRPIL Collective Lag Normal?

DishDoggie

So I am setting up the VIRPIL Collective and wonder how you use it in the setup. I just put it on a Slider with the AXIS Inverted went in game to test it and Noticed a small amount of lag time in the IN Game Collective movement to what I am doing. SO this is my first stop to ask Collective users What are your AXIS settings for the VIRPIL Collective? Do You have this small amount of LAG? I am Going back into the set up to do more testing and will check back here in a short. Thank You.

Most likely it is speed of animation for virtual collective. I noticed there’s visual delay/dampening how virtual controls in cockpit move compared to the hardware movement. Try to enable in-game controller’s axis overlay and see if those dots follow your hardware movements.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 8:12 AM, Dogmanbird said:

Hi Dishdoggie,

Any chance you've increased the axis filtering somehow (maybe to reduce jitter?) I'm not familiar with virpil's software but I imagine it offers this as an option. If it's too high it will add some latency. 

Truth is I studied this because it was strange to me. I feel like it is a Visual input problem with video only. My use of the collective input is on the money in the sim. So I just decided to let it be what it is and not worry about it. My input to the game function is dead on target. I can live with the Video lag Better that then any Joystick input lag. Thanks for asking.