Why do I (as pilot) lose gun auto ranging when I ask George (as CP/G) to lock a Hellfire target...

Hippo
Go to solution Solved by bradmick,

... and can I do something to stop it happening?

Single player flying towards a target area in pilot seat.  George menu is up and Hellfires are WAZed.  I select guns for me and auto ranging.  I can see the auto range on the IHADSS.  I would like to have George look for targets and launch Hellfires while I'm ready with the gun in case I see a target close by as we head towards the target area.  However as soon as I George RIGHT to select a target from the list, I lose the gun auto-ranging?  Why does this happen, and is there something I can do about it?  I thought the auto-range was line-of-sight slant angle based?   I have to go through the whole WPN - RNG - KEYBOARD "A" thing over and over.  Is this just me that is trying to do this and finds it frustrating?  Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• Solution

Bug, the only time the pilots range should ever change is when the crew is performing a COOP rocket engagement. Currently anytime the TADS is selected as an acquisition source, the pilots range is overwritten with tads laser range whenever the CPG is lasing. This is incorrect behavior.

Edited by bradmick
  • Thanks 1