DL Question

Badger1815
Go to solution Solved by Archer.xd,

On 9/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, vtaf_archer said:

Not possible, only the aircrafts placed in the same group from the mission editor can be in the same flight. And you can't mix the airframes in the group.

Maybe stupid from me, but even if not implemented yet in DCS, i can imagine that if different group acquire data ( contact )and transfer them,  shouldnt it be the case iand it should populate the SA page with identification HAFU ? I can imagine in reality, that every planes information should be linked in network even if not in the same group or is it only done through the AWACS ? In general when bandit are far i use the SA for know where and at what angel they are for know how set my radar for start an acquisition. ( way more effective than just try look around )

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

3 hours ago, Lane said:

Maybe stupid from me, but even if not implemented yet in DCS, i can imagine that if different group acquire data ( contact )and transfer them,  shouldnt it be the case iand it should populate the SA page with identification HAFU ? I can imagine in reality, that every planes information should be linked in network even if not in the same group or is it only done through the AWACS ? In general when bandit are far i use the SA for know where and at what angel they are for know how set my radar for start an acquisition. ( way more effective than just try look around )

I hope I got what you said correct. In DCS you can think of 2 different kinds of DL, one being a general channel and other is seperate flights. When 2 or more aircraft (up to 4) are set in the same group in the mission editor (should be the same airframe), you'll see others in your group as your flight members.
What does it do? Nothing huge imo, just shares who is targeting who (with some kind of delay and I think an error margin?)  
But even if two aircraft are not set in the same group, lets say an F/A-18 and F-16, they still share data between each other, no need for AWACS. 
Example setup from F16 HSD, I have a wingman in the same group with me, I see him as 2 (2nd plane in the group)
Other friendly is an hornet, and he's sharing the bandit at 29k with me. No AWACS, everyone can still transmit and receive data

Hope it is an answer for your question

image.png

Edited by vtaf_archer
typo fix

Thanks you for the response vtaf_archer

• Like 1

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro