Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Just completed Beware Beware - thanks for a great experience!

(no spoilers)

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this campaign. I took your advice and wasn’t trying to rack up a massive score, just survive, and I found it to be much more immersive and filled with tension since I was tryin to not be captured or killed.  Took a couple months, flying no more than one mission a day, and I looked forward to each one.  i really enjoyed not being able to use the online map to know where I was, and instead found landmarks and printed maps to help me navigate and better learn the terrain, nicely done.

I only had one mission where I failed to make it back to England, and it was due to poor engine management, resulting in a seized engine.  Fortunately for me, the resistance got to me before the Germans and I was able to get back to England ( 😀). 

I enjoyed this so much I just started The Big Show.  finished the first mission today.  Whew. 

FYI, I have completed both F-14 tomcat campaigns you created, and Zemke’s Wolfpack for the P-47.  Your campaigns are top notch, very enjoyable and really give a sense of being there, to the extent a game can do so.  I can only imagine what the real pilots went through, and this gives a very tiny glimpse into it.  Finally, I am a wargamer, and being able to fly over England in a spitfire helps me visualize the board games I play as well, and let’s me better visualize what the pilots flew over.

thanks again, and I look forward to your future campaigns!  Keep up the great work!

Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sure, though I would have spent more time composing that message!

seriously, your advice made it feel like less a game and more an experience. I finally learned to not just dive into the fray, but instead think more, look for good opportunities and then try to take advantage of them.  Overall I finished with 7 aircraft kills, 2 ground vehicles and lived to the end.

there was one surprise flak that nearly took me out ( exploded just in front of me, damaging the engine but not catastrophic luckily!) but I managed to limp back to and land at Lympne.  That was stressful!

• Like 3