Mission 13 - Rigs never get destroyed

arneh

After getting message that the special forces have been inserted and after having destroyed the 2 incoming helicopters, nothing more happens. I return to circle the rigs and circle for half an hour without anything happening. Maybe I'm just impatient, and I need to wait more than half an hour. But my wingmen is even less patient than me then as he returned to the carrier soon after the enemy helicopters were destroyed 🙂

I do realize that trying to play campaign missions right after a new major version of DCS has been released is quite risky. But I was too impatient to wait 🙂

8 hours ago, arneh said:

After getting message that the special forces have been inserted and after having destroyed the 2 incoming helicopters, nothing more happens. I return to circle the rigs and circle for half an hour without anything happening. Maybe I'm just impatient, and I need to wait more than half an hour. But my wingmen is even less patient than me then as he returned to the carrier soon after the enemy helicopters were destroyed 🙂

I do realize that trying to play campaign missions right after a new major version of DCS has been released is quite risky. But I was too impatient to wait 🙂

Thanks for the heads up. No you shouldn’t be waiting half an hour. Yes major update can break a lot of missions will look into it. If you have a Tacview that would be really useful.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

18 minutes ago, arneh said:

Thanks for that. Can see the problem.

After you have taken out the two helos you need to fly back to the rigs and actually pass within the area described but the outer rigs. The reason things did not progress is you stayed well outside the area of the rigs.  Not saying you did anything wrong or illogical, but that is the reason. If you try it again and then fly over the rigs the mission will move on.  Having seen that I will change the trigger area to a different form so this cannot happen and update.

So, this time nothing to do with the 2.8 update.

Let me know how you get on next time, after following the above.

Hope this helps

Badger633

• Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.