New HUD Ranging display and HUD symbology on lock

Go to solution Solved by 3000 Black Jets of Allah,

With the introduction of the new 2.8 patch the Mirage F1 received proper ranging information on the HUD.

My question is whether this actually works for anyone else? The only time the ranging is displayed is if I'm in 300m or 600m gun mode and that's it, the tape always displays 0. I've tried with 530s, sidewinders, and 550s and nothing.

They also seem to have removed the orange box that appears around the target you have locked on your HUD, is that the case for anyone else?

I had this problem if I start from cold (I only tried gun, no missile) starting from ground cold, but it seems to work (again only with guns, no missile) starting a mission already in flight.

I did not spend more time on it yet, but I wonder if there would be a command to do in the cockpit I forgot.

Did you try both from cold start and already initialized in flight?

37 minutes ago, Morskoul said:

I had this problem if I start from cold (I only tried gun, no missile) starting from ground cold, but it seems to work (again only with guns, no missile) starting a mission already in flight.

I did not spend more time on it yet, but I wonder if there would be a command to do in the cockpit I forgot.

Did you try both from cold start and already initialized in flight?

Yeah I've tried single player missions and multiplayer both cold start and start in air and no dice unfortunately. In all honesty I don't mind not having the range stuff but the lack of a HUD symbol for what you have locked is really bad.

• Like 1

On my side, I have checked twice :

- If radar is in stby, I can lock a bandit but no symbology on the sight (fixed reticle and no yellow square on the bandit)

- If radar is on, I can lock and have the gun reticle that use radar telemetry to help aiming (and the yellow square on the bandit)

The radar should not emit in stby so we should not be able to lock at all.

Despite that I also lost the gun reticle at one time and have to switch to magic+gun mode to recover it.

• Like 1

Apparently this happens if you flick the radar into standby instead of on. The standby mode is currently not implemented and works (mostly apparently) the same as On for A/A modes. But some people are reporting not seeing a box. Always click it twice to the full on position 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1