M230 with TSE not leading enough to compensate for aicraft velocity.

MRTX

Like the title says, a problem which i've noticed is that the M230 in conjunction with the TSE is simply not leading enough in front of the target to compensate for the velocity of the aircraft.

At first i thought that the problem existed maybe due to me employing the gun under suboptimal conditions, but even when flying in a straight line at 70kts. engaging a stationary target between 1600 and 1400 meters about 45 degrees of the nose, the rounds reliably impacted about 5-10 meters behind the target. Yes i know you can easily just lead a bit more to get reliable hits, but thats what the TSE is there for in the first place.

And of course i also considered the possibility that this behaviour is simply realistic for the apache, but after watching some guntapes of engagements under simmilar conditions i noticed that this simply was not the case. From what i could tell the rounds seen in these videos we're normally right on target. (obviously excluding the spread of the M230)

This problem in the end is nothing gamebreaking or dramatic, nevertheless it would be nice if it could get adressed.

On 10/29/2022 at 9:11 AM, Raptor9 said:

A short track replay to demonstrate the specific conditions of what you are describing is normally required to correctly diagnose behavior.

No worries i know that the TSE for the M230 only works in conjuction with the TADS and that the LMC combined with continouos lasing is required. Here also is the trackfile showing the issue.

M230 test.trk