No comms menu

tomudesu
Go to solution Solved by MAXsenna,

• Solution
2 hours ago, tomudesu said:

Tried Instant Action,  Cold Start Caucasus. 

Started up, tuned radio, released parking brake...couldn't move. Realized there might be wheel chocks, but can't open a comm menu in either standard or easy comms.

Using Vaicom.

I have the same issue. Even after removing VAICOM I cannot get rid of the wheel chocks, (which are invisible in the F2 view), even when chief says he does it. Chief responds whether canopy is open or not, but you can only hear him if the canopy is open. Have tried to look for a setting for the intercom.

To remove VAICOM, start VoiceAttack and open VAICOM control panel, and deselect "Hide radio menu" (or similar) and "Hide On Screen Text" (if you have checked it). Close VoiceAttack. Do a full repair of DCS, and do not start VoiceAttack again. Only way I can get this moving on the ground is via an air or hot start.

And yes, I have turned off the parking brake, and my wheel brakes are not inverted. 😉

Cheers! 

Track

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvbwXsF2HQnNjbNYxX6vq6fA5t8tyg?e=J6SCww

EDIT: Found my error, had to push in the parking brake.

Edited by MAXsenna
Added track

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

EDIT: Found my error, had to push in the parking brake.

The parking brake operation should be pinned or added to FAQ. Push and pull is parking brake, handle rotation is only parking brake lock, but not disengaging it. 😅 Took me a while to figure that out.

• Like 1

The parking brake operation should be pinned or added to FAQ. Push and pull is parking brake, handle rotation is only parking brake lock, but not disengaging it.  Took me a while to figure that out.
Yeah, the cold start traning won't progress beyond asking chief to remove the wheel chocks, and he says he does it. (He's such a liar)! So I'm not sure if you're told to rotate and push.
I a saw the "mouse rotation" icon by fluke. That's when it dawned on me.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk