Does anyone have lau. files with text showing what each binding does?

blackvette702

You have the ability to map what each button does yourself. I don't believe there are preset key binds for WW gear (though if there are, cool).

It just my own opinion, but I think it's well worth the time to go through the slightly tedious process of binding the controls yourself in DCS (don't make a profile in SimAppPro, just make it right in DCS itself). If you need suggestions for what to bind, there are plenty of keybind setup videos on YouTube that walk you through someone's setup, but keep in mind you will have to tailor the setting to fit your own needs and your gear. Even if I sent you my setup files (assuming you have the same gear that I have), you would still need to familiarize yourself with the controls and would probably modify my setup significantly to fit your preferences. At that point, why not build the set up yourself? If you are wondering why it is not more "plug and play," well...welcome to the world of simulators my friends, a realm of endless tweaking and customizing.

I have an Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle and Orion 1 F/A-18 stick. I like them because for most things I can bind them 1-to-1 with what is in the cockpit of the actual jet (and for other airframes, I modify accordingly). That said, there are lots of trade-offs, adjustments and changes I've made. For example, I do not use the parking brake switch for the parking brake because it's easy for me to click that in the cockpit with my mouse (and partly because in the hornet it's a two stage, twist+pull, operation and the switch is binary), and I'd rather have that switch available for something else anyway (e.g.- fuel dump switch, etc.). Likewise the rotary nobs for heading and courselines don't work because in the jet they are springloaded switches, not nobs. I use those (and the push-button function they have) for my radio nobs instead. There's lots of possibilities for tailoring your set up and that's a feature, not a bug.

While setting all this setting up takes time that you'd probably rather be flying, it familiarizes you with your airframe and cockpit which is very valuable and will make the flying when you get there (and it won't be that long) easier. It also means you can tailor everything to how you want to make use of your gear rather than being stuck with a premade set of bindings or selecting between a range of preset options that may or may not work for you.

Edited by Brother_Leb

32GB (4x8) DDR4 2400 | Intel Core i-7 8700 4.6 GHz | MSI ATX Pro Z-370-A | GeForce 2070RTX Super Founder's Edition
WinWing Orion 2 Hotas w/ Hornet Throttle and Stick grips | HP Reverb G2 | BenQ 21" 60Hz | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
Hornet driver, Blue Angel enthusiast, Tomcat stan