Possible HUD and Radar Bug

grant977

Flew post patch last night an intercept against two MiG 21s. 

100nm out im at 40k they are at 20k and climbing with nearly nose on aspect. This is in the South Atlantic map and we are over the water us and the bogeys. Jester was unable to pic them up on radar in radar auto or when I told him to search their altitude. 

Then at the merge using my ACM modes to lock I do get a lock up the diamond symbology is mission when in search mode and after lock. I only got the TCS cross over the bandit.

This happened in Gun, sidewinder, sparrow and Phoenix. In ACM and out of ACM.

I’ll try and capture it with a track file later today.

100nm is right on the upper edge (if not outside of it) for the AWG-9 (with Jester) to detect a fighter sized target. The 21 is also on the smaller side for a fighter, I usually don't pick up 21s until 60-80nm out depending on all the variables.

In this case, let Jester run through his normal scan, if you are at 40k and they are at 20k he should pick them up on his own scan at the ranges I mentioned. 

My guess is that you were not in A/A HUD master mode and this is why you didn't get any diamond or other A/A symbology. I haven't encountered any HUD weirdness or any of the issues you mentioned post patch. 

Edited by Kondor77

I was in AA master check it twice and jester never made any contact at all.

Funny enough after the latest hot fix and next DCS restart all is well. Just did the same intercept tonight detected them at 120nm got one with phoenix then the ACM modes and symbology worked as advertised. So Who Knows my have been a funky boot up of the game or gremlins, or most 

likely Jester was hung over.