Newbie on Hoggit Server with C-101

linklemming

I have hoggits caucus training .miz file on my local pc and have been practicing A/G and just started A/A.

There are several C-101 flying around which I can engage and shoot down.  As soon as I get close, they pretty much seem to just go into a continuous max g-turn.  I can stay with them for the most part (lag pursuit) but never gain an advantage.  If I start going for lead pursuit I quickly seem to bleed off too much energy.  Trying low and high yoyos doesnt seem to offer any real advantage (I could be doing them wrong).

Ideally I would like gun kills but so far, only been able to get missile kills (I havnt uncaged yet)

Whats a good strategy to combat these constant high-g turns being done by the C-101.

The AI is set to rookie for the C-101

Edited by linklemming

If you can't turn with an enemy, Don't.

The straight wings of the C-101 mean that it can definitely turn tighter than you (turn radius) and can probably turn faster than you (turn rate), it certainly can at the relatively low speeds it operates at. At the same speeds the F-5s little wings are going to be really struggling.

Your best bet is to use your far superior speed and vertical performance to "boom and zoom" the C-101.. Run in fast, try and get off a couple of shots at them without actually flying into them, and then fly out past them and turn that speed into altitude, after your initial zoom climb try to regain visual on them from up on your perch and position for another dive attack. I guess its a good analogue for trying to shoot down something like an A-10 or an Su-25 with guns. Remember, use your performance to dictate the fight, don't get lured into a low speed turning fight in an aircraft not designed for it.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

On 11/25/2022 at 11:37 PM, linklemming said:

I have hoggits caucus training .miz file on my local pc and have been practicing A/G and just started A/A.

There are several C-101 flying around which I can engage and shoot down.  As soon as I get close, they pretty much seem to just go into a continuous max g-turn.  I can stay with them for the most part (lag pursuit) but never gain an advantage.  If I start going for lead pursuit I quickly seem to bleed off too much energy.  Trying low and high yoyos doesnt seem to offer any real advantage (I could be doing them wrong).

Ideally I would like gun kills but so far, only been able to get missile kills (I havnt uncaged yet)

Whats a good strategy to combat these constant high-g turns being done by the C-101.

The AI is set to rookie for the C-101

If the bandit is in a continuous, steady state turn without variation then your Yoyo’s are probably to blame.

I will try to replicate your setup to see what is actually happening and give you some feedback. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg