Should the TADS be slaved initially?

vctpil
Go to solution Solved by vctpil,

Hi,

According to TC-1-251 : "Acquiring and tracking targets with manual TADS thumb force controller", here is the sentence of the document :

"With TADS as the selected sight,... ...select the ORT slave button to unslave the TADS and enable MAN TRK controller."

This document suppose that the TADS is slaved by default. This is not the case when I start in the Apache on parking hot position. Anybody can confirm this or have any more informations?

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• ED Team

Any time the CPG changes a sight, the SLAVE function is de-selected by default. Not saying "At the moment TADS is selected as the sight."; saying "With TADS as the selected sight." The former implies a sequential action, the latter is simply a condition. If you want to slew the TADS with the MAN TRK controller, you must ensure that 1) TADS is the selected sight and 2) SLAVE is not selected (ie "unslaved").

Also, for future reference, ensure you do not violate Rule 1.16 regarding posting links to, copying text from, or referencing specific parts of restricted documents. I know the TC 1-251 from 2005 is marked as Approved for Public Release, Distribution is unlimited, but I'm just stating this here as a reminder to you (and others) to pre-emptively warn against future references of restricted documents. Even if a document can somehow be found on the internet, it cannot be posted here if there are restrictions on its distribution. It keeps everyone out of trouble, since DCS is a game meant for entertainment. 🙂

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head