The probe passes through the basket.

SickSidewinder9
Go to solution Solved by SickSidewinder9,

Wasn't quite sure what section to put this in, or even which object the problem actually lies with, so I apologize in advance in I got the forum section wrong.

What I'm noticing is that the basket of the tanker does not necessarily catch the probe of the Hornet and connect up.  I'll have to test again with the A4 to see if it's a Hornet problem or an AI Aircraft problem.  The KC-130 seems particularly bad about this.  Playing just now, I twice passed the probe THROUGH the basket while just slightly off center.  My impress is that due to the shape and physics and stuff, that would center it up and connect it.  It does it on the Viking, but maybe not as much, which is odd, because you'd think there'd be a ctrl+C and ctrl+V somewhere between the two, but I guess not.  Haven't tested the 135 yet.  So while the jet wake is less tricky with the C-130, getting the hose to connect seems much more strict (harder even than real life) compared to the S-3 which has more wake turbulence, but somehow a more forgiving basket?
My guess would be IRL, if you hit almost anywhere but the outer edge of the basket and pushed forward not too hard, the shape of the thing would force it to center up and connect.  I appreciate the need to make it a little easier on us and not make colliding with the basket too easy, but the sweet spot too connect seems way too small.  I'm very frustrated.  TIA.