There is a Bug with the New WINWING Top GUN MIP Setup and the way it interacts within DCS. This fix is somewhat simple.

Punisher74

With the edition of the new WinWIng MIP I found that when viewing the Kneeboard it displays between the center and lower MFD Displays. Now this is due to the way the Simapp pro adjusts the display angle it changes it from 1920 x1080 (using 1080P as a example) to 1920 x 3128. and within that window DCS displays the main monitor and the 3 lower displays. in DCS its business as usual. See images attached in the DCS settings image that black area is the WinWing display area. This can be fixed and in DCS, and is not WinWings or DCS's fault!

As for the somewhat simple fix. Its not really that simple If DCS was to have created a Tab in Settings for Multi Monitors, like they did for VR accessories like Gloves it would fix this issue. As well as fix if for all kinds of pits. And it would also fix the issue for this. Currently limited to F-18C, F-16C, and the AH-64D, with DCS adding a settings page where the user can ID the main monitor and side monitors, MFD displays. so that the image in the planes MFD shows only in the MFD displays of the WInWing (or Pit Builders displays for there MFD display). This would open up not Only WinWings displays but all setups used to play DCS. And it would also eliminate the need to close DCS every time we change planes in the game.

DCS Image:

Screen_221215_121903.jpg

WinWing Display Page:

Screenshot 2022-12-15 121458.png

How Windows See is:

Screenshot 2022-12-15 123137.png

Edited by Punisher74
  • Like 1

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

• Punisher74 changed the title to There is a Bug with the New WINWING Top GUN MIP Setup and the way it interacts within DCS. This fix is somewhat simple.
  • 1 month later...

Yep,

That kneeboard issue is annoying but not game breaking since you can resize and reposition it to your liking.

On the other hand, the control input monitoring (the red window showing your inputs) cannot be moved, if I'm correct.

Again, not a game breaker.

I strongly backup your idea of integrating a multi-monitor setup tab and tools instead of fiddling with settings externally.

It would maybe fix the brightness issue at the same time.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this forum post fixed this. I just created a OvGME mod in the root section to overwrite this folder/file in the dcs Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua  You will just need to tweak these numbers to position where you want.

local kneeY = 1000         -- Following lines by MD
local kneeX = 688           -- MD
local kneePosY = 70       -- MD
local kneePosX = 1216  -- RH side of my Leftmost monitor. 

-- positioning on screen in HUD Only view 
function update_screenspace_diplacement(aspect,is_left,zoom_value)
    local w = LockOn_Options.screen.width;
    local h = LockOn_Options.screen.height;

if LockOn_Options.screen.oculus_rift then 
        local ui_x,ui_y,ui_w,ui_h = get_UIMainView()
        w = ui_w;
        h = ui_h;
    end    

local x0 = 0
    local w0 = 0.5 * h

local aspect     =     aspect or 1
    local zoom_value = zoom_value or 0
    local default_width  = w0 + (64 * zoom_value)

if default_width > h then
       default_width = h
    end

if default_width > 0.5 * w then
       default_width = 0.5 * w
    end

local default_height = default_width / aspect
    local default_y      = h - default_height
    local default_x      = w - default_width - x0
    if  is_left then
        default_x   = x0
    end
    --dedicated_viewport           = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}  -- This is the default value
    dedicated_viewport = {kneePosX,kneePosY,kneeX,kneeY}        -- MD  replaces line above with the values from the top

dedicated_viewport_arcade = {default_x, 0        ,default_width,default_height}
end

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)