New Igla loadout also available on Black Shark 2 for owners of Black Shark 3.

dertien

If BS 2 is less resource requiring in VR than its new sibling, BS 3, resulting in less stutter ingame, how cool would it be if you were to provide us with the new winglets that can carry the Igla A2A missile on the old BS2 platform, but only if you purchased the BS3?

9 часов назад, dertien сказал:

If BS 2 is less resource requiring in VR than its new sibling, BS 3, resulting in less stutter ingame, how cool would it be if you were to provide us with the new winglets that can carry the Igla A2A missile on the old BS2 platform, but only if you purchased the BS3?

Come on, there's no concern at ED about VR performance until they release a sim engine update. I mean they say there is, but in fact they show there isn't with each new release. Otherwise they would simply allow use of BS2 textures with new BS3 functionality logics for those who bought BS3 for VR. Placing one new switch into the BS2 cockpit is all that needs to be done for this to be enjoyable in VR the same as BS2 is now.

Just wait a little and Igla will be modded into BS2 in some form, it should be relatively easy to do (maybe without pre-cooling process logics, but as strapping a tone-giving missile onto the aircraft). Igla is pretty useless though, like a couple hand grenades attached to a rocket with a seeker head and prone to flares. You can get a much better AA capability against helicopters with a sniping gun of the Shark, especially in VR - just look at it with AA track mode on, lase and shoot a fast long burst. Against fast movers nothing is really effective though, unless they don't see you or ask to be killed.

What I'm personally looking forward to is a port of new MWS/CMS system, that would be really nice against those nasty manpads which are the main reason of death having a relatively poor visibility in the Shark.

Until the multi-threading is a fact with the 'new engine', we are stuck with the BS3 in VR with framerates and BS2 with decent framerates. I wishlisted this for three reasons:

- ED has already done the magic on the BS3, whether the Igla is worthless or not is irrelevant. It is there. Might as well add the new 3D model of the winglet and a tuned down texture to the old bird. No harm done here, but only if you own BS3.

- ED won't lose any money in the long run as long as the BS2 is not discontinued like BS1.

- My VR experience is pretty good, and I would like to keep it that way without having to buy new VR or GPU hardware any time soon. I am probably not the only one here.

- Usually to kill other choppers I use the Gazelle, a dedicated platform for such purposes, unless I can sneak up to one with the Kamov. Combat helos are not meant to kill combat helos.

Edited by dertien