What's going on with Steam VR?

Thinder

I had issues with Steam VR before, my G2 had a hard time being detected and later packed up as well, which mean that passed the fact that I think of this package as mediocre at best, I didn't expect to have the same issue with my brand new PICO4.

So here is the score:

PICO propose a native (in game menu) version of Virtual Desktop, but I can't purchase it because the only way to do it, through my Android is buggy, I can't add a payment method to my PICO account, so no joy there.

Then Steam VR refuses to detect my headset, even so Windows 10 does, be it WiFi or USB, no luck there either.

In both cases there is a ticket with the support teams of those companies.

I can't believe that in 2022, we're still looking at issues of this kind, it seems that the only thing that really attract developers attention is the amount of dosh we spend on their products.

If you have tips, I'm all hears.

Merry Christmass and Happy New Year!

0-santa-sleigh-5681097-1920.jpg

• Like 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

It's both.

Pico's Streaming Assistant doesn't connect even if all lights are green including Steam VR and the connection, Wi-Fi or USB, Steam VR doesn't detect the headset.

I'm waiting for Pico to come up with an laternative to the pruchase of Virtual Desktop which might (or not) help.

Ah OK. Here is some news. I wanted to update my 1080Ti drivers before testing it vs my new card which is scheduled for delivery today, then I realized that I lost Nvidia Control Panel, now unavailable anywhere else than Microsoft Store.

Excuse me? I'm pleased I swaped to AMD...

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.