Can't switch besides KH25 or Vikhr

Hi, when you load a rack of Vikhrs and 1 KH25ML Karen missile you can't switch between them. The right outer pylon will be selected first and you can only use the other outer pylon when the right outer pylon is depleted. Is this intended behavior or is this a bug? 

When i see ka52 attack video's (mostly in the Ukrain war) it looks like an asymettric loadout is no problem

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is on the other pylons?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Is it supposed to be able to handle an asymmetric load like that? If yes, then this would appear to be a bug.

I've never tried to carry asymmetric stores on the Shark.

My usual loads are either Vikhrs and gun pods, or Vikhrs and fuel tanks. I rarely carry anything else.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

30 minutes ago, Tiger-II said:

Is it supposed to be able to handle an asymmetric load like that? If yes, then this would appear to be a bug.

I've never tried to carry asymmetric stores on the Shark.

My usual loads are either Vikhrs and gun pods, or Vikhrs and fuel tanks. I rarely carry anything else.

I don't know if its supposed to be like that, i really doubt it but i'm no expert.

I prefer to take 12 Vikhrs also, but with the current AI helicopter damage model (MI8 or MI28 for example wich are used a lot with the MP Foothold missions) wich take around 4-6 vikhrs to take down, i prefer to have and use a big KH25ML against them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

"When i see ka52 attack video's"

Different aircraft.  Very.

The Shark can't do asymmetric.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 1 month later...

Do either of you have references for this? Or is it based on your DCS experience only?

Anyway, it is possible - one just has to fire off the first hardpoint and then deselect/reselect to reset the system. With the Kh-25L this is pretty easy, since it is only one missile:

So just carry it on the first hardpoint and fire it off first.

• Like 1