Mission 11 Migs don't want to play

Cathnan
Go to solution Solved by Badger633,

I just played Mission 11, and after I sunk the sub the Migs never left the area of the SA6. Making it virtually impossible to take them out. Looking at the Tacview, it seems like they fly to Waypoint 1 and then immediatley turn to land again. It did take me a moment to identify which one I'm supposed to engage, maybe that has something to do with it?

Tacview-20230107-124803-DCS-ROPL2 M11 SUB VERSION OF THE TRUMAN.zip.acmi

• Solution
2 hours ago, Cathnan said:

I just played Mission 11, and after I sunk the sub the Migs never left the area of the SA6. Making it virtually impossible to take them out. Looking at the Tacview, it seems like they fly to Waypoint 1 and then immediatley turn to land again. It did take me a moment to identify which one I'm supposed to engage, maybe that has something to do with it?

Tacview-20230107-124803-DCS-ROPL2 M11 SUB VERSION OF THE TRUMAN.zip.acmi 3.48 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks will look into it.

EDIT: Have to tried again but this time heading to the bandits?

EDIT: Just flew the mission, if you head towards the bandits all things work out. I think the fact you flew quite a distance away from them the AI, which these days is a bit more advanced, they lost interest and also went back and think lost the attack command. 

So just head towards them using the bulls given next time as instructed by Strike.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 11:50 PM, Badger633 said:

Thanks will look into it.

EDIT: Have to tried again but this time heading to the bandits?

EDIT: Just flew the mission, if you head towards the bandits all things work out. I think the fact you flew quite a distance away from them the AI, which these days is a bit more advanced, they lost interest and also went back and think lost the attack command. 

So just head towards them using the bulls given next time as instructed by Strike.

Hope this helps.

I dunno, ive just flown the mission twice going straight for bandar (basically centre of SA6, WP8), both times they sit at angels 1, and keep dropping off radar, but can see them on Datalink. even tried ducking into sam range and trying to fire on them and going defensive but they never go above 1000ft or leave bandaar. Also strike doesnt give you bulls for the second pair(my pair), he mentions the pair down the coast, then says "out of bandar" for mine, unless of course i missed it... twice lol

14 minutes ago, CH4Pz said:

I dunno, ive just flown the mission twice going straight for bandar (basically centre of SA6, WP8), both times they sit at angels 1, and keep dropping off radar, but can see them on Datalink. even tried ducking into sam range and trying to fire on them and going defensive but they never go above 1000ft or leave bandaar. Also strike doesnt give you bulls for the second pair(my pair), he mentions the pair down the coast, then says "out of bandar" for mine, unless of course i missed it... twice lol

Hi

Will take a look. Are you in current open beta and in MT. Also are you running any mods?

A Tacview of your flight would be great if you have one. 

Thanks

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

1 hour ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

Will take a look. Are you in current open beta and in MT. Also are you running any mods?

A Tacview of your flight would be great if you have one. 

Thanks

i was in MT today, but i cant be sure the first time, as MT was conflicting with "rumble with grumble" before the recent update, so may have been in Standard. No mods. Not sure if i have tacview installed, i'll try get it before my next attempt. Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 12:34 PM, CH4Pz said:

i was in MT today, but i cant be sure the first time, as MT was conflicting with "rumble with grumble" before the recent update, so may have been in Standard. No mods. Not sure if i have tacview installed, i'll try get it before my next attempt. Cheers

Hi 

Just flew the mission 11 in the current open beta and all worked out fine. The Migs attacked as scripted. I Have not checked in MT yet.  You should have the whereabouts of your set of MIgs as you are told they are out of Bandar-e-Jask which is your way point 8 and also your bulls. They will also be shown on your SA page if set up correctly. Make sure your radar is set to HI as well. 

Stay roughly in the area where you have taken out the sub and then head towards them, probably on a bearing in the 350's. If you move too far away from them to the south they could decide not to bother as this is how DCS's AI react sometimes if you stray too far away even though they are down to attack. 

Hope this helps. As I have said have not tried in MT version yet. Let me know if you still have a problem.

18 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Hi 

Just flew the mission 11 in the current open beta and all worked out fine. The Migs attacked as scripted. I Have not checked in MT yet.  You should have the whereabouts of your set of MIgs as you are told they are out of Bandar-e-Jask which is your way point 8 and also your bulls. They will also be shown on your SA page if set up correctly. Make sure your radar is set to HI as well. 

Stay roughly in the area where you have taken out the sub and then head towards them, probably on a bearing in the 350's. If you move too far away from them to the south they could decide not to bother as this is how DCS's AI react sometimes if you stray too far away even though they are down to attack. 

Hope this helps. As I have said have not tried in MT version yet. Let me know if you still have a problem.

Typical!! I downloaded tacview, installed it, got ready to capture, almost as soon as i popped the sub, the bandits came right for me, stepping out of SA6 range lol .. i will say, based off your test i did succeed in standard mode (vs MT), so may wanna test that at some point. Cheers for the help @Badger633

1 hour ago, CH4Pz said:

Typical!! I downloaded tacview, installed it, got ready to capture, almost as soon as i popped the sub, the bandits came right for me, stepping out of SA6 range lol .. i will say, based off your test i did succeed in standard mode (vs MT), so may wanna test that at some point. Cheers for the help @Badger633

Glad you got it sorted, enjoy the rest of the campaign. 👍

• Like 1