Rotor Blade Change

Sunjah

Okay, let's face it, I'm lost on this one. The rotors of the DOSAAF skin are (I think) the default ones (greenish) for the standard paint job, and they look 'not-so-good' with that skin (...and to the author of the skin, you are fantastic, I could not make a skin so nice, the green just doesn't fit with it on the rotor). So, I've come here because I have a favor to ask; Can someone take the rotor from picture #1 and apply it to skin #2?

I am sorry to ask for this instead of doing it myself, but I have attempted a few things that ended up quite badly, and I have had to re-install DCS 3 times (4 total, but thankfully from what I understand I only have used up 1 activation). I can't find which file contols the colors of the rotors. If anyone felt up to it, having the red from the Canadian SAR (picture 3), and the gray from the Green + Grey skin (picture 4) would be perfect. The last photo is a quick edit and paste to show how it could look (picture 5).

I know it is probably small and simple to do, but I would feel quite comfortable trusting someone who has experience with this "DCS Skin" system. I really don't want to mess my files up again.

Anyway, if anyone can do this, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for your time.:)

689228192_BlackampYellow.thumb.jpg.d4d7d4327dc815d3a7994d6c8a3d422f.jpg

DOSAAF.thumb.jpg.3bb109bf37686f406a3c69d90fcee765.jpg

1046649797_CanadianSAR.thumb.jpg.469942e2ae2aee26107ac1b8271c10b0.jpg

2009692497_EuroGreenampGray.thumb.jpg.dc9291608cba88d6daace33f53fd58d0.jpg

250913585_newrotor-DOSAAF.thumb.JPG.abdb352eeba08d91937f1041b4f456b8.JPG

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

As it happens...

I just did a zero motion blur mod for the rotors so I have some idea...

The rotors themselves are stored in:

WorldTexturesBMP3.cdds

The file you need to change is:

KA-50_BLADE.BMP

The "Motion Blur" is located in:

WorldTexturesTGA3.cdds

The file you need to change is:

KA-50_BLADE_TEST.TGA

However!

The same files are used for ALL KA-50 skins AFAIK. So the first issue you have is that you can only do one skin at a time.

The second problem you have is that if you WANT motion blur you would need to do a motion blurred skin as well as the main rotor skin. It isn't a massive problem but a little awkward imo.. If you didn't want a motion blurred skin you would still need to replicate your new blade in the motion blur texture.. but without motion blur..

See, I don't think that is entirely true. I'm not 100% positive, but I have taken screenshots of all 30 skins I have available to use. The Rotors on them (not the blades, but the rotors) have some different looks. In my first post, you can see that they are colored from brown, gray, yellow, red, green to black.

I unpacked the DOSAAF one, and I could not find which controls what (and didn't want to mess any up).

If you look at picture 3 & 4, then 5, you can see I took the rotor and just *.bmp-ed it as an examply of what I would love with that skin. If you look at 2, then 5, you can see the change from green to red/gray.

It is a shame, skin is great, and I am happy with all other 29, but this one does not look right whilst flying.

See, I don't think that is entirely true. I'm not 100% positive, but I have taken screenshots of all 30 skins I have available to use. The Rotors on them (not the blades, but the rotors) have some different looks. In my first post, you can see that they are colored from brown, gray, yellow, red, green to black.

I unpacked the DOSAAF one, and I could not find which controls what (and didn't want to mess any up).

If you look at picture 3 & 4, then 5, you can see I took the rotor and just *.bmp-ed it as an examply of what I would love with that skin. If you look at 2, then 5, you can see the change from green to red/gray.

It is a shame, skin is great, and I am happy with all other 29, but this one does not look right whilst flying.

Ah.. apologies I thought you were referring to the blades. :doh:

WOW, what a difference. Just look at how beautiful it can be when someone knows what they are doing.

Excellent Job, Moose!!! Thanks, a lot!:smartass::pilotfly::joystick: :D

Ps- to the original maker of the skin, don't get me wrong, it is an AWESOME skin, it just looks so much more natural with the red/gray-rotors.

DOSAAF.thumb.jpg.88de2b88ec2f50c0152204775f74d07d.jpg

ScreenShot_143.thumb.jpg.2fa8d677fe342330d8d7cb9ca25cc4c9.jpg

ScreenShot_144.thumb.jpg.57bc70ee39763b5f96bc75412f85dbd1.jpg

ScreenShot_145.thumb.jpg.8e7d84c6ee21ce0fdcc1ef3f892b3b33.jpg

Edited by Sunjah