Terrain profile/contour feature for mission editor

simo-dj

TBH I'm in doubt if this post it's in the right place 'cause i think this feature i'm asking for is both for mission editor and rotary wings as well (not only Apache). As a veteran of Jane's longbow 1 & 2 I think it's missing an important feature: terrain contour instrument. I am thinking about when in longbow map you drew a line between two points and below the map appeared the terrain profile with all cliffs, slopes and whatever, seen in a "horizontal" point of view.

I think this could be a very useful feature for mission editing or when planning a mission for choppers. A pilot can figure out in a better way what's the best route, where to hide behind a cliff, or if there's a large plain with few or not at all places to hide.

I know in F-10 map there's satellite view, altitude view etc. but i think this could give a faster and somehow better mission planning/editing.

Below there's a pic (very low res sorry)of what i'm meaning (not intended to copyright infringments or advertising an abadonware game..)

Image2.jpg

• Like 2

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

• Raptor9 changed the title to Terrain profile/contour feature for mission editor