EVO Force throttle moves heli throttles, not collective...

Tord Hoppe

Hi there, bit of a mystery here. I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force, win XP SP3.

My problem is that when I setup the throttle in Axis command as Flight Control Collective it actually doesn´t move the collective lever in game, it moves the throttle levers! If I use the Num+ and Num- only the collective moves. If I remove the key binding nothing happens, which is as it should.

I have made my settings in both KA50 Game and Real. The other joystick axis works fine.

I´ve tried both moving the throttle in the axis mapping view, it is detected as Joy_Z. When I go into the axis setup view and move the throttle lever it moves in the window where one sees the axis curve so the sim does read the correct lever, only it uses it to move the helis throttles instead of the collective.

Any help?

• ED Team

Very very strange. Box with throttle levers must react on collective moving, of course, but if you assign appropriate axis as a collective - it should works.

1. Did you install any mods?

2. Try to delete all files under ..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\joystick\ except of default.lua and assign axis and buttons - is it solve issue for real mode?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Assign it to flight control collective. I made the same mistake. Throttle is throttle you know what i mean.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Rik, that did the trick. Collective works fine now.

FYI I had three other files in that folder:

Saitek Cyborg Evo Force {F9923190-EDEE-11dd-8001-444553540000}.lua

Cyborg Evo Force {02330F00-99D4-11dd-8001-444553540000}.lua

Cyborg Evo Force {F9923190-EDEE-11dd-8001-444553540000}.lua

Moved them to desktop and left only the default.lua

What I have been doing lately is that I have never installed any drivers for my stick, only plugged it in and let windows identify it. That has worked fine. When I bought BS I soon noticed that the stick didn´t have any FF, but worked fine otherwise. In the Control Panel/Game devices it was properly identified but had no settings for FF. I downloaded and tried to install a Saitek driver which didn´t work. After contact with Saitek it turned out that I had dl´d the wrong driver. So last evening I got the correct one, but then I had the problem above.

Just wanted to let you know this in case you run into something similar in the future.

Thank you for getting back to me during the weekend, that´s customer support! Spasiba and have a nice weekend, now I´m finally off to try and learn how to fly this beast ;)

• ED Team
Spasiba and have a nice weekend, now I´m finally off to try and learn how to fly this beast ;)
Pozhaluista! :)

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Cheers mate, but that´s what I had done. Problem solved now though. :thumbup:

Thats good to hear. By the way did you managed to make FFB work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Only FF I get is a resistance when moving the cyclic off centre, that resistance is (nearly) zeroed out when releasing the trim key and comes back when I remove trim. As I think others have noted that effect isn´t optimal for this stick since it also has physical springs that forces the stick to a centered position. This is better discussed in a previous thread, also that one can "lift" that spring...

I´m not sure the sim actually makes any more use of FF than that?