Dcs VR

I’m a new user to DCS and I’m struggling to get DCS to run with smooth frames. 
I have an aegis zs with a 6700xt and a ryzen 7 5700g. Is my computer just not strong enough? 
I’m also using the hp reverb g2. 

Edited by Movvis

I'm running a similar rig, but got a 5800x, and a quest2. It runs pretty good, with minimal stutter. Not max settings, but decent enough.

Havent tried it after the latest patch with MT, but would expect it to be even better.

On 3/13/2023 at 1:47 AM, Movvis said:

I’m a new user to DCS and I’m struggling to get DCS to run with smooth frames. 
I have an aegis zs with a 6700xt and a ryzen 7 5700g. Is my computer just not strong enough? 
I’m also using the hp reverb g2. 

Show your settings of SteamVR for DCS or OpenXR Developer Tools and DCS graphics page and DCS settings in VR page.

DCS works very nice in VR, stable and open beta and MT version.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This solution is kinda janky, but it works for me (specs after how-to):

1. WITHOUT DCS open, change desktop resolution to 800x600
  2. Open your desktop (in VR)
  3. Open DCS through the VR desktop

Essentially, your PC has to render every frame 3x - desktop, L eye, R eye. Putting desktop to 800x600 resolution takes a HUGE load off your rig. There may be more tweaks possible with this, but that's what I've been able to figure out so far.

My specs:

• Intel i7-6700K (4.4 GHz)
  • RTX 4070Ti (12 GB VRAM)
  • 32 GB DDR4

I went from ~13-29 fps to around 45 fps with just this change. Since MT came out, I don't have to do this and I get ~45 fps. I haven't really flown much since MT came out so haven't bothered to change desktop resolution (which would require me to use the hand controllers and I don't want to find batteries for them...).