[FIXED] WMD-7 auto lasing for LS-6-100

I'm not sure if it used to do this but when you drop an LS-6-100 the pod starts to auto lase really early, quite often the bomb hasn't landed before the auto laser ends. I swear the pod never used to auto lase for them when I used them in the past.

Shouldn't it NOT lase at all as the LS-6-100 is a GPS guidance first, laser second weapon? Currently whenever I drop them I have to turn the laser off if I want to look for the next target with the pod and don't want the bomb following it.

Edited by uboats

Auto lasing was way too early from day 1, AFAIK nothing has changed in that regard, audio drop cue is also way too early.

If you can lase you do for maximum precision, GPS only means you don't have to and unlike GBU-12 bomb won't go stupid if you stop lasing mid flight

12 hours ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Auto lasing was way too early from day 1, AFAIK nothing has changed in that regard, audio drop cue is also way too early.

If you can lase you do for maximum precision, GPS only means you don't have to and unlike GBU-12 bomb won't go stupid if you stop lasing mid flight

Ah fair enough, I never really used the before the patch. My audio drop queues seem okay for the bomb to impact using GPS guidance alone but maybe that's because I've been dropping them from quite high up.

yup, i will disable the auto lase for ls-6-100. since this is a for fun weapon added for entertainment only.

Edited by uboats
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

The little orange triangle that shows up when you put on a mk-82, 83, etc - when you click on the triangle it brings up a fuze option, allowing you to specify how many seconds before activation, etc - just wondering if it could be set as an option to 'turn on the laser after x seconds' @uboats - I'm fine with the way it is now, but if it is a 'for fun' weapon, maybe that could be an option?

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] WMD-7 auto lasing for LS-6-100