Please leave the new MT function as an option - even in the future.

wernst

I have a mid-range PC i9-9900K (no OC) , RTX 2080S (no OC), 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD. Running DCS "stable version" on an ultra wide Monitor with a resolution of 3440 x 1440, all DCS system settings to "high". My frame rates in single missions are 70 fps on average and they never drop below 55 fps. I am more than satisfied that everything runs stable with more than acceptable frame rates. 

Therefore: Please keep the new MT function as an option in the future. The users to whom the MT brings improvements, e.g. for VR or MP, can choose it freely. Those for whom it does not bring improvement can use the current system. I have the fear that the new MT brings me no improvements but problems only.     

Edited by wernst

1 hour ago, wernst said:

I have a mid-range PC i9-9900K (no OC) , RTX 2080S (no OC), 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD. Running DCS "stable version" on an ultra wide Monitor with a resolution of 3440 x 1440, all DCS system settings to "high". My frame rates in single missions are 70 fps on average and they never drop below 55 fps. I am more than satisfied that everything runs stable with more than acceptable frame rates. 

Therefore: Please keep the new MT function as an option in the future. The users to whom the MT brings improvements, e.g. for VR or MP, can choose it freely. Those for whom it does not bring improvement can use the current system. I have the fear that the new MT brings me no improvements but problems only.     

They already said that once MT has been fully tested it will be the ONLY option.

• Like 1

I get where you're coming from, but the reality is for them to keep ST and MT would mean maintaining 2 completely different builds so they'd need 2 teams (or maybe 1.5, but still) duplicating the work.  It's not just a few lines of code that you could have an option for (like show or don't show labels).  It's very different base code.  Currently they're maintaining both as they transition.  They didn't just stop developing ST and wait a year to release anything while they developed MT, they did both.  But that's not sustainable long term. So that's never going to happen.

• Like 2